this week’s monday happy things is going to be in list form. i’m in the mood for a different format.
1. we are going to the cabin thursday night through sunday and i am SO looking forward to it. reading in the sun, swimming in the lake, croquet and cards. yes, please!
2. pineapple (the puppy) and i have special puppy and puppy mama time on mondays and it starts off with us napping together for a couple hours in the morning. love love love.
3. tony came over with his dog, stella, today for an impromptu puppy date. they didn’t like each other at first (she’s an alpha female and older) but after a rough start, their tales were wagging and they played chase for a little bit. and now pineapple has a total crush on stella.
4. sitting around with friends and family with our feet in a kiddie pool to beat the intense heat and humidity. for hours.
5. i’m currently re-reading microserfs by douglas coupland (ahhh i just realized i haven’t done a june or july books post) and want to read these words over and over again “you’re a thousand diamonds —– a handful of lovers’ rings —– chalk for a million hopscotch games.”
happy monday kids!
spring mix with added greens from last week’s CSA box, sliced cucumbers, feta w/herbs, dried cranberries and sliced up turkey! the perfect balance of savory and sweet. also, the feta is so flavorful that i didn’t need dressing or vinaigrette at all.
one of my bffs, scott, being in town and us having fantastical adventures. here we are looking remarkably un-hungover because we found a magical fresh fruit juice/smoothie cart to revive us.
popsicles! it has been hot hot hot and HUMID again recently and these things have been one of the main things keeping me cool. thank you, popsicles, the lime ones are my favorite.
(photo by leslie plesser)i know i already posted about it – but LUCERO. i’m still all moony eyed over the shows last weekend. scott and i plan to make a trip to memphis some time next year to see them in their hometown. and drive to dollywood!
i received my first postcard through postcrossing today. i can’t wait to get more. if you love snail mail, i highly suggest checking this out. and it’s not too much of a commitment so it’s easy to be able to participate.
i had lunch at cosetta today. hands down one of the most simply delicious italian places ever. and so cheap for so much food. i had the sausage pizza today but normally get the mostaccioli – if you haven’t been there, get both 🙂